Mission / Purpose :
To act as a platform for the civil society for promotion of sustainable and equitable development. To build the capacity of Civil Society Organizations through Networking, Service Provider Research & Advocacy, Implementation Support and Consultancy Efforts to expedite the effectiveness of development of the rural poor.
- To build the capacity of Civil Society Organizations through Networking, Research &Advocacy. Implementation Support and Consultancy Efforts to expedite the effectiveness of development of the rural poor also to act as a platform for research, advocacy, capacity building, sharing and learning on the issues related to voluntarism and voluntary agencies.
- To act as a catalyst for development of technology appropriate for the rural Areas, by identifying and funding research and development efforts and pilot projects by different agencies and institutions particularly voluntary organizations.
- To act as a conduit for transfer of appropriate technology to Government Departments, public sector undertaking, cooperative societies, voluntary agencies and members of public to encourage adoption of modern techniques and appropriate technology in rural development. To act as a clearing house of information and data bank.
- To promote aid, guide, organize, plan undertake, develop, maintain and coordinate projects / schemes aimed at all round development, creation of employment opportunities, promotion of self-reliance, generation of awareness, organization and improvement in the quality of the life of the people in rural areas.
- To assist and promote programs aimed at conservation of the environment and natural resources.
- To collaborate with other institutions.